Thursday, September 08, 2011

A twofer..

Yesterday:
It was a travesty. Didn't run (was supposed to run 6mi) and I ate all kinds of crap.

On a more personal note; as I was teaching the youth group on friendship evangelism is was struck by my own failings here. I don't put on my "what's-God-going-to-do-in-and-through-me-goggles" in the morning. I don't look out for people that God might put in my path. Hopefully by writing about this here every once in a while, I'll keep a better focus. We're not here by accident. We're here to live the Great Commission.

Today:
Food:
- Bowl of oatmeal
- Chic-fil-A Chicken Egg Multigrain Bagel Calories: 490(!) - Sodium: 1230mg(!!!!)- What?!?! It was free, how could I pass that up?
- Wendy's BLT Cobb Salad
- The leftover pack of Great Value Oreos made me feel really sick, as I ate way too many of them. A dozen at least.
- Tomato soup and a boiled egg.
- Two small slices of homemade bread with stuff on top.

Run: 6mi easy. First 3 and last 2 felt really good. The extra day off obviously did good.

Started humming this song this morning, it’s one of my favorite childhood TV memories. I haven't seen the clip in a long time, but it keeps popping up in my head fairly regularly.

1 comment:

Troy Drinkard said...

490 calories doesn't strike me as bad, especially at breakfasttime. That is a lot of sodium, though. Go to the sauna and sweat it out.